The saga of the translation of Eusebius Gospel Problems and Solutions continues. I had never realised just how much work it is to get a book to print.
We’ve had our first glitch. An email has arrived from the Coptic translator to the effect that the proof copy does not incorporate a bunch of changes emailed over on 30th August. Looking in my inbox I find a multi-page Word document which I completely overlooked. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later, but that doesn’t make it less frustrating.
More seriously, even that set of corrections only goes to page 8 of the Coptic. Apparently there are more to come for the rest. Sometime.
I’ve emailed requesting the remainder of the corrections. I will start adding the corrections to the PDF tomorrow night. I don’t want to keep sending them to the typesetter in dribs and drabs, so I hope the rest of the corrections come through and we can do this once.