From Encyclopedia of Syriac LiteratureJump to navigationJump to search
His surviving works include:
- Commentary on the Asceticon of Abba Isaiah FT
- Commentary on the Paradise of the Egyptian Fathers, compiled by `Enanisho`. This work has never been published, other than a few extracts.
- On the Solitude of the Seven Weeks ET. This deals with the theme of stillness (hesychia) during solitary retreats lasting seven weeks.
- Various other shorter texts on the spiritual life. ET.
- Commentary on Abba Isaiah's Asceticon: FT by R. Draguet, CSCO Syr. 144-5 (1972)
- On Seven Weeks etc: A. Mingana, Early Christian Mystics, 1934.
- Sebastian Brock, A brief outline of Syriac literature, Moran Etho 9, p.56 and 135.