People may recall that I’m working on a Garshuni text preserved in Mingana Syr. 142, and that I got a PDF of some microfiche printouts a while back, which I sent to a translator.
This was a bit hard to read, but I found that the Mingana (well, Birmingham university special collections) would allow me to go and photograph it myself; or else they would charge 1 GBP ($2) a page and send me a CD.
The CD arrived today, and the results were spectacular. They aren’t publication grade, but then I didn’t want that kind of photo. They are simply wonderfully clear. For the first time the text is red is visible!
Seriously, the people at the Mingana have been amazingly helpful, the price is right, and the turnaround very quick. My total heroes!