Another couple of manuscripts were located today, and the relevant portions downloaded.
Today I worked out how to download manuscripts from the Austrian National Library in Vienna, and indeed wrote a little post on how. One of these is listed in the Bollandists website; the other is not, and contains only one part of the text, BHL 6105. Indeed it seems as if the text has more or less dissolved into the mass of Nicholas material in circulation by that date.
The other two were both from Britain. Curiously I found the details that I needed using Google searches, and located the IIIF manifests. The first one I had seen before, but not known how to access the page images. The second one I knew nothing of until today.
It’s really a case of hitting Google, hitting the websites, trying out different forms of the author’s name – today I tried “Jean le diacre” rather than “John the Deacon”, which gave me the second hit. It’s really very random a lot of the time.