Sometimes it just doesn’t work. This morning I started looking through the translation of the German version of Methodius, De lepra, as given by Bonwetsch from the Old Slavonic. The translation into English — for which I am paying commercially — just didn’t work. The translator did not have the feel for ecclesiastical works, and so the result was unreadable. Worse, it was ungrammatical English at points. It made my head hurt, just looking at it and trying to work out what, if anything, it meant.
I’ve accepted the inevitable and messaged the translator to cancel the project. I shall have to pay him for what he has done, useless tho it is. It’s money down the drain, essentially.
Oh well. I tried.
The first few pages were not too bad, after I commented and suggested etc. I’ll post these here when I have handed over the money.