Any glitches?

I’ve just upgraded WordPress, the software that this blog uses.  Do let me know if anything is now broken.

I can’t say that the process was seamless.  First I did an export, and deactivated the plugins. I ended up downloading the tar.gz. Then I renamed the old version directory, expanded the .gz  to the new wordpress directory, renaming it weblog, copying the wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php, and editing it with the credentials from the old directory.  Then I copied across the theme (very important; otherwise I get a blank page).  I also copied across the plugins files.  Then I went to the roger-pearse.com/wp-admin link, activated the plugins, and then tried the main page.  The ‘upgrade’ process just did not work for me.

Leave a Reply